Distillation process is not involved in the purification of drinking water.
Which one is not a way of purifying water?
Explanation: Cooling water does not purify it.
What are the four ways of purifying water?
4 Methods to Purify Your Water
- 1 – Boiling. Boiling water is the cheapest and safest method of water purification. …
- 2 – Filtration. Filtration is one of the effective ways of purifying water and when using the right multimedia filters it’s effective in ridding water of the compounds. …
- 3 – Distillation. …
- 4 – Chlorination.
Which of the following is a way of purifying water?
There are several methods used in the water purification process, which include: (1) physical processes, such as filtration, sedimentation, or distillation; (2) biological processes, such as sand filters, active carbon; (3) chemical processes, such as flocculation, chlorination, the use of ultraviolet light.
What are 3 ways to purify water?
Three Ways To Purify Water
- Boiling. Bring the water to a rolling boil for 3-5 minutes. Let cool before drinking.
- Disinfect. You can use household liquid bleach (regular household bleach contains 5.25% sodium hypochlorite) to kill microorganisms. …
- Distillation. Fill a pot halfway with water.
What are the different ways of purifying water at home?
8 Ways to Purify Water at Home
- Boiling. The simplest and most common method to purify drinking water is to boil it. …
- Commercial Filters. …
- Slow Sand Filtration. …
- Bleach. …
- Liquid Iodine and Iodine Tablets. …
- Non-Chemical Stabilized Oxygen. …
- Solar Disinfection. …
- Ultraviolet Light.
Which of these is not a method used in the water work?
Answer: Ground water extraction is not a method of water conservation.
What are the six common methods used purify water?
— boiling; — household slow sand filter; — domestic chlorination. — storage and sedimentation; — up-flow roughing filter; — slow sand filtration; — chlorination in piped water-supply systems. through a piece of fine, clean, cotton cloth to remove some of the suspended solids.
What are the 5 stages of water purification?
The 5 major unit processes include chemical coagulation, flocculation, sedimentation, filtration, and disinfection (described below). There are chemicals added to the water as it enters the various treatment processes.
How many ways are there to clean water?
There are twenty-five methods to purify water, divided into four categories: separation, filtration, chemicals, oxydation. There are five types of contaminants that are found in water: particulates, bacteria, minerals, chemicals, and pharmaceuticals.
What are the 5 uses of water?
The most common water uses include:
- Drinking and Household Needs.
- Industry and Commerce.
What is the safest way to purify water?
Boiling. If you don’t have safe bottled water, you should boil your water to make it safe to drink. Boiling is the surest method to kill disease-causing organisms, including viruses, bacteria, and parasites.
Why do we purify our water?
One major purpose of water purification is to provide clean drinking water. … The purification procedure reduces the concentration of contaminants such as suspended particles, parasites, bacteria, algae, viruses, and fungi.